Pre-Master's Program: Engineering
The Pre-Master's Program (PMP) in Engineering is designed to give you the skills to succeed in your graduate degree. The program offers study skill and research classes as well as for-credit classes in your chosen degree.
Pathways at Florida Atlantic University
|Program||Program Duration||Tuition Fee|
August, January, May
Program Components (2 semesters)
Subject specific courses:
- Math: Analytical Methods in Engineering (3 FAU credits)
- Experimental Methodology (3 FAU credits)
- One graduate course in the relevant department (3 FAU credits)
Academic preparation courses
- Navigating the Graduate Student Pathway
- Introduction to Graduate Research
- Academic Communication for Graduate Students
- Intercultural Issues for Graduate Students
- Graduate Course Tutorials
Total credits required for the below degrees.
9 credits applied from the PMP.
- MS Bioengineering: Thesis 30 / Non-Thesis 33 credits
- MS Civil Engineering: Thesis 30 credits / Project 33 credits
- MS Mechanical Engineering: Thesis 30 credits / Non-Thesis 33
- MS Ocean Engineering: Thesis 30 / Non-Thesis 33 credits
- MS in Civil Engineering with a Minor in Business: Thesis 39 credits / Project 42 credits
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Business: Non-Thesis 36 credits
- MS in Ocean Engineering with a Minor in Business: 36 credits
FAU Master's Degree Programs
Engineering PMPs are available for the following FAU degree programs:
- MS Bioengineering
- MS Civil Engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering with a Minor in Business
- MS Mechanical Engineering
- MS in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Business
- MS Ocean Engineering
- MS in Ocean Engineering with a Minor in Business
* You must successfully complete the PMP to be admitted into the master's degree program. Course offerings and required courses may change without notice.
Progression to a master’s degree program at FAU requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 'B' grades in all Pre-Master’s Program coursework.