Pre-Master's Program: Economics
The Pre-Master's Program (PMP) in Economics is designed to give you the skills to succeed in your graduate degree. The program offers study skill and research classes as well as for-credit classes in your chosen degree.
Pathways at Florida Atlantic University
|Program||Program Duration||Tuition Fee|
August, January, May
Program Components (2 semesters)
Subject specific courses:
- Financial Management (3 FAU credits)
- Data Analysis for Managers (3 FAU credits)
- Advanced International Monetary Economics (3 FAU credits)
Academic preparation courses
- Navigating the Graduate Student Pathway
- Introduction to Graduate Research
- Academic Communication for Graduate Students
- Intercultural Issues for Graduate Students
- GMAT Preparation Course
30 total credits required for the MS Economics degree.
9 credits applied from the PMP toward master's degree.
FAU Master's Degree Programs
Economics PMPs are available for the following FAU areas:
- MS Economics, Financial Economics
- MS Economics, General Economics
- MS Economics, International Economics
* You must successfully complete the PMP to be admitted into the master's degree program. Course offerings and required courses may change without notice.
Progression to a master’s degree program at FAU requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 'B' grades in all Pre-Master’s Program coursework.
GMAT minimum score 500 is a requirement for progression to Master's Degree program.