Pre-Master's Program: Computer Science
The Pre-Master's Program (PMP) in Computer Science is designed to give you the skills to succeed in your graduate degree program. The program offers study skill and research classes as well as for-credit classes in your chosen degree.
Pathways at Florida Atlantic University
|Program||Program Duration||Tuition Fee|
August, January, May
Program Components (2 semesters)
Subject specific courses:
- Math: Analytical Methods in Engineering (3 FAU credits)
- Experimental Methodology (3 FAU credits)
- One graduate course in the relevant department (3 FAU credits)
Academic preparation courses
- Navigating the Graduate Student Pathway
- Introduction to Graduate Research
- Academic Communication for Graduate Students
- Intercultural Issues for Graduate Students
Total credits required for the below degrees.
9 credits applied from the PMP toward master's degree.
- MS Computer Engineering: Thesis 30 credits / Non-Thesis 33 credits
- MS Computer Science: Thesis 30 credits/ Non-Thesis 33 credits
- MS Electrical Engineering: Thesis 30-credits / Non-Thesis 33 credits
- MS Information Technology and Management: 33 credits
- MS in Computer Engineering and MS in Computer Science with a Minor in Business: 36 credits
FAU Master's Degree Programs
Computer Science PMPs are available for the following FAU degree programs:
- MS Computer Engineering
- MS Computer Science
- MS Computer Science with a Minor in Business
- MS Electrical Engineering
- MS Information Technology and Management
* You must successfully complete the PMP to be admitted into the master's degree program. Course offerings and required courses may change without notice.
Progression to a master’s degree program at FAU requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and 'B' grades in all Pre-Master’s Program coursework.