Orientation is a two day event and is the beginning of your journey at FAU. It is a new study environment, a new country and a new way of life. Orientation is mandatory for all new students so make sure not to miss it!
August 16th - ARRIVAL & CHECK IN DAY
- ALL students must arrive in time to begin the program and check-in on Wednesday, August 16th.
- Location: (No spaces in between lines of address)
Florida Atlantic University
Gladys L. Davis Pavilion (DP 49)
Center for Global Engagement
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Students can access their on-campus accommodation from 12:00 noon on Thursday, August 13th. Please ensure you submit your housing contract before arrival, or you may not have access to a room when you arrive.
ORIENTATION (August 16th)
What happens at Orientation?
- Tour the campus and classrooms
- Meet new friends before starting your studies
- Get your course schedule/timetable
- Purchase textbooks
- Receive your orientation schedule and welcome pack
- Receive student card and active your FAU e-mail
- Shopping trip
- English Assessments (and Math Assessments if you were not able to finish the ALEKS exam before arrival)
There will also be information sessions concerning visa status, dining services, campus accommodations, safety, health insurance, bank accounts, and mobile plans all designed to help you settle in to your new environment.
Here are a few tips to make your orientation experience fantastic!
- Arrive on time! You will need to be at the FAU Navitas Office by 9:00 a.m. on orientation day.
- Bring a small backpack with paper and a pen and a water bottle.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as there will be a campus tour.
- Dress for comfort and the weather.
- Be ready to meet people from all over the world!
What do I need to bring?
- Navitas at FAU Offer Letter
- Florida Atlantic University Letter of Acceptance
- Form I-20
- Transcripts - (ORIGINAL AND SEALED)
- Required health forms
What happens if I do not attend Orientation?
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Students are permitted to miss orientation ONLY if there are unpreventable circumstances. You MUST CONTACT NAVITAS AT FAU to receive instructions about late enrollments. Students who arrive late will normally not be allowed to start the semester and will have to return home.
What are the dates?
Dates and Locations are listed below.
Summer Semester May-August 2017
7 July 2017
16-19 August (ALL new students must attend)
21 August 2017
13 December 2017
August 2017 Move-In Dates
All new students need to plan to move into their rooms on-campus on August 15th in order to attend orientation on Augus 16th.! PLEASE NOTE: A room will NOT be ready for you if you did not submit your housing form before arrival! If you arrive to Boca Raton prior to August 13th, you will need to stay in a hotel as rooms will not be ready until 12:00 noon on August 13th.